Robertson Homes understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.robertsonhomes.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner, that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
means Robertson Residential Group Ltd, a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SCO60077, whose registered address is 10 Perimeter Road, Pinefield, Elgin.
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Robertson Residential Group Ltd, a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SCO60077 whose registered address is 10 Perimeter Road, Pinefield, Elgin.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Using your information in accordance with data protection lawsData protection laws require that we meet certain conditions before we can use your data in the manner described in this privacy notice. We take our responsibilities under data protection laws extremely seriously, including meeting these conditions. To use your personal information, we will rely on the following conditions:
4.1 Legitimate interests
If you specifically ask for information about our products and services, we may provide you with marketing information about our developments where you have provided your consent for us to do so.
4.3 Compliance with a Legal Obligation
We may also rely on this condition if you if you reserve or purchase with us.
4.4 Necessary for the performance of a contract
If you reserve or purchase with us we may rely on this condition to process your data in connection with that reservation or purchase.
- Information Collected by Robertson Homes
5.1 Information you provide:
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and includes information you provide when you register to use the website, and use the services provided by the website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, as well as details of any comments you provide to us.
5.2 Information we collect:
We will collect information generated by your visit to the website. This may include your IP Address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet); the type of browser, operating system and device used to access the website; the date and time you access our website; the pages you visit; and if you visited our website from another website, the address of that other website.
Some of this information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. This information helps the web server track such things as your preferences and any data you submit while browsing our website.
To find out more about cookies, refer to section 12 for more information about cookies.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you.
5.3 Information contained in any communication
We will combine this information with information you give to us and the other information we collect about you. We will use this combined information for the purposes set out below (depending on the types of information we receive).
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- to keep you informed about relevant Robertson Homes developments and Robertson Homes news and provide you with information on services you have requested
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to send relevant advertising to you
- to process and complete a reservation and purchase contract of a Robertson Home
- to provide you with customer services after you have purchased a property.
- for compliance and crime prevention
In detail, Robertson Homes will use your personal information as follows:
i) When you read or download information from our website (IP addresses and cookies).
We may use this information to provide you with a more personal service and assist in analysing website traffic and usage. This information does not identify you personally unless you register or make an enquiry with us, at which point Robertson Homes will combine it with the other information collected about you and use it for the purposes noted above.
ii) When you send Robertson Homes an enquiry, download a brochure or email
The personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can be accessed by Robertson Homes. We will use the information in-order to respond to your request or otherwise reply to the subject of the enquiry or email.
We may also use your contact information to let you know about Robertson Homes products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
iii) When you telephone us using the number displayed on the Site or in a search engine such as Google, or when you request a call-back.
We use Call Tracking so that when you call us to request information we can return your call. By calling us or by requesting a call-back you acknowledge that we may contact you by telephone on the number you have called us from for the purposes of discussing Robertson Homes developments with you. If you wish to make your telephone number private, please contact your telephone provider.
vi) We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in-order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for compliance purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service. Recorded phone calls are held securely by Call Tracking and will be deleted after 30 days where we are required to retain it for legal or regulatory reasons. We may combine this information with other information collected about you (cookie data, for example) and use this combined information for the purposes noted above.
v) Promotional updates
We may contact you via phone, SMS, email or post to provide information on the specific properties/ developments you have expressed an interest in, as well as other Robertson Homes products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which match the criteria specified by you or which otherwise may be of interest to you.
- How does Robertson Homes protect your data?
Robertson Homes follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us. We have implemented security polices, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Please remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is completely secure and reliable. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Will Robertson Homes disclose the information to third parties?
Robertson Homes will not sell, trade or rent your personal information. We may appoint suppliers, sub-contractors or agents to assist us in using your data carrying out the administrative and advertising activities set out in section 6 above and to provide you with other service(s) that you request.
Examples of such services include following up on enquiries made by you, providing further information on Robertson Homes products and carrying out viewings, or in connection with reservation/purchase at Robertson Homes properties and/or developments. Accordingly, we may pass on your personal information to any of Robertson Homes' approved suppliers, sub-contractors or agents for these purposes.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic and printed communications.
- Google/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet.
- Demographic data suppliers who help us to understand the populations of areas in which we are operating
- Estate agents or surveying companies to value your current home for a part exchange against a Robertson Home (where you have asked us to do so)
- Independent Financial Advisors (as above – only when given consent to do so)
- National House-Building Council (NHBC), our warranty and insurance provider
- Factoring Agents
- Independent customer research – Inhouse & NHBC to help our business improve with feedback from our customers.
9. Information Retention?
If you submit your details for the purposes of enquiring about a specific property or development, the personal information we collect on the Site and that you provide when you contact us will be held for the period that the specific development is on sale, plus an additional 12 months thereafter (the "Time Period").
- If you ask for your details to be applied to a new property or development the Time Period will begin again.
- After the Time Period has elapsed, information that could be used to identify you personally will be removed; however, your postcode and some demographic information may be retained. This information will be used for our research purposes in an aggregated form only.
- If you purchase a home from Robertson Homes, a different retention period will apply. This will be explained to you at the time you reserve a property.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Right to Withhold Information
Your rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data are set out below. You may contact us using the details on our site) to exercise any of these rights, and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
i) Access to your personal data and data portability
You have a right of subject access. This means that you are entitled to request a copy of your personal data and we will grant you access or provide you with all personal data that we hold about you, subject to some limited exemptions (for example, you will not necessarily be entitled to access third party personal information).
Also, you have a right of data portability. Under this right for information which you have provided to us, you are entitled to request that this is provided to you (or to another organisation) in a portable, machine readable, electronic format.
You can withdraw your consent for us to provide you with further information about specific properties or developments. To do this, please follow the unsubscribe option attached to all our marketing emails and SMS messages.
iii) Rectify your personal data
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
vi) Erase your personal data
You have right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with your right to unsubscribe above).
v) Object to our use of your personal data
You have a right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (for example, if you would not like to be subject to any profiling).
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data we would be happy to address your query in the first instance. However, if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner's Office
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). We are permitted to charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive and will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com or using the contact details below in section 13.
Please see our dedicated cookies policy at http://www.robertsonhomes.co.uk/cookiepolicy
- Contacting Us
House Style Films
Homes for sale
Stylish homes in some of the UK's most attractive locations
Part Exchange Portfolio
Here to help
Dedicated support along every step of your home-buying journey
Ways to Buy
We make moving effortless with a few simple home-mover services.
News, awards and insights from the Robertson Homes team
We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service
Please get in touch to find out more about our developments