Terms & Conditions
Robertson Homes is inviting submissions of photography to produce a calendar of ‘Dunbar Through the Seasons 2022”.
The theme is open to your personal interpretation but we’re looking for stunning photographs of Dunbar, showing its landscape, wildlife, agriculture, recreation or architecture.
We are looking to celebrate what makes Dunbar such a special place to live so we are not restricting the competition to photographs taken this year. Photographs taken in previous years can be submitted. We would simply like to know when it was taken and the location.
The twelve photos selected by the judges will appear in the Robertson Homes Dunbar 2022 calendar to be printed by Robertson Homes and donated to the charity shops in Dunbar to sell for their own funds.
To submit your photograph for consideration, simply post your image on social media with the hashtag #RobertsonHomesDunbar and a second hashtag for the relevant season, i.e. either #Spring #Summer #Autumn #Winter relevant to the season the photograph depicts. Only photos posted in open groups will be visible to the judges. Photographs posted in private profiles will not be able to be judged.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Wednesday 24th November 2021 and each photographer whose photograph is selected will receive a gift card prize of £50.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or a residential or commercial property, belonging to someone other than the photographer is featured, or it has been taken on private land the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, when requested by Robertson Homes. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Robertson Homes the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on television and print media, in the Dunbar Calendar and on Robertson Homes’ website in perpetuity. Entrants whose photographs are one of the final 12, also agree to take part in post-competition publicity.
- Entrants must not cause injury or do anything to distress any animal or damage its habitat, either deliberately or inadvertently, whilst trying to take a photograph. This includes the flying of drones, which should not be flown too close to disturb animals, their habitats or nest sites. Entrants – including those using drones – must have the necessary permits and licences for photographing wildlife, and should, where necessary, have permission from the landowners to be on their land. They should be ready to provide proof if asked to do so by the competition organisers.
- Photographs entered must have been taken in Dunbar.
- You can enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed. You can have worked on the colour or enhanced the image for the sake of the composition. You can also crop the image to improve composition.
- We will not accept composite images - entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.
- Robertson Homes reserves the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is open to UK residents only (including residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Employees of Robertson Homes, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 18 need the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian to enter.
- The competition closes at 5pm on Wednesday 24th November 2021. Entries received after this date will not be considered. Robertson Homes cannot accept any responsibility for any problem with the internet service provider, network or other system which may result in any entry being delayed or not properly registered. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
- Each photographer whose photograph is selected will be contacted to supply a hi-res image at 300dpi and at least 3508px (w) x 2480px (h).